42255708_2237262542969709_4602270122969661440_n.jpg

FINANCING

The Massachusetts State Budget for FY 2019 allocated $50k for the construction and maintenance of a Braintree dog park. While this money will definitely help, it will by no means cover all of the funding required for this project. We plan to raise the remainder of the funds required from the following sources:

  • The Stanton Foundation Grant - We plan to apply for this grant to fund the majority of the construction costs. The Stanton Foundation, created by Dr. Frank Stanton, provides up to $250k for up to 10 Massachusetts towns a year to build dog parks. This grant will be applied for by the Town of Braintree, which can not occur until a location has finally been solidified. 

    • Phase 1 - Design Phase, Typically from $10k to $25k - Covers 100% of the costs associated with designing our park from the initial concept all the way through to bid-ready construction documents.

    • Phase 2 - Construction Phase, Capped at $225k - Covers 90% of hard construction costs, including labor and materials. The town is responsible for covering the remaining 10% of the costs and must provide the land, water and electrical hookups (if required) and cover all post-construction maintenance costs. This does not cover overhead, permits, insurance, bonds or contingency allowances.  

    • Phase 3 - Capital Improvement Grants, Equal to 5% of hard construction costs - After the park is built, these funds can be used to improve the park or repair damaged equipment. They are available at 12, 24 and 36 months post-construction.

  • Braintree Community Preservation Committee Grant - Grants to support open space, historic preservation, outdoor recreation, and community housing. Monies for the fund come from a 1% property tax surcharge and matching dollars from the state. This grant will be applied for by the Braintree Dog Park Association, which can not occur until a location has finally been solidified. 

  • Corporate and Small Donor Fundraising - Since the grants may not cover all of our costs, we plan to cover any remaining costs, as well as providing ongoing maintenance for the park, through fundraising collected by our organization. We are currently accepting donations through our PayPal Donations Account or you can mail a check to: Braintree Dog Park Association, PO Box 850454, Braintree, MA 02185-0454. We are a registered 501(c)3 Nonprofit, so all donations are tax deductible. Every little bit helps!

    READ MORE ABOUT OUR PLANS

    HOW WE GOT HERE LOCATION PARK MAINTENANCE FAQ